Senior Test Engineer
Company Background: The Now Factory provides real-time insights into how customers use data services, enabling Communication Service Providers (CSPs) to optimise the customer experience and drive greater profitability. Our people are at the heart of our success and we constantly strive to attract and retain the best and brightest with the energy and ambition to take their careers to the next level. More information on the company can be found at www.thenowfactory.com
As part of our continued growth, we are looking for talented individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit, who have the drive and passion to succeed and want to be part of an exciting, young company going places. In return, we offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits and an innovative and creative work environment that values, promotes and rewards employees.
Due to our continuing expansion, we wish to recruit a Senior Test Engineer to join our Quality Assurance team based in our Sandyford offices in Dublin, Ireland.
The Quality Assurance team is responsible for ensuring the quality of The Now Factory suite of products and plays a crucial role in the overall direction and success of the company.
Reporting to the QA Lead and working with a team of test engineers, the test engineer will be responsible for definition, creation, maintenance and execution of test plans, test cases, test scripts and associated data. Additionally, you would be required to work closely with development teams on resolution of issues.
The position requires a proven track record of success in a quality assurance or system test team and the candidate should have a passion for quality and the rapidly evolving telecom market.
The role requires the ability and flexibility to effectively collaborate with many diverse groups.
- Review Requirement documentation and technical specifications
- Test definition and design
- Test execution
- Defect reporting, working with engineers on resolution of issues
- 3 years commercial testing , telecoms environment beneficial
- Recognised professional qualification or equivalent experience
- Ability to work on own initiative within a traditional QA team structure or a Scrum-oriented team
- Excellent working knowledge of Unix/Oracle
- Excellent scripting skills (Python, Perl, bash)
- Genuine, demonstrable interest in software quality
- Proven ability to deliver on multiple projects
- Working knowledge of mobile telecom protocols (e.g. GTP, TCP/IP, HTTP, WAP).
- Packet inspection using tools like wireshark and tcpdump
- Web testing tools such as Selenium
A comprehensive package will be offered to the right candidate and commensurate with candidate’s skillset and experience. For any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact Tony Fernandez via mobile 0864068899 or email email@example.com.